Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Scuba Steve!

Just when you think there is nothing else that surprises you, the curve ball comes and smacks you in the face.  This was my reaction during an interesting bath night a few days ago.

Yes, I am about to tell you about committing the cardinal sin.  I ran water in the bathtub (the big swimming pool bathtub, as Max calls it), put Max in, and ran to the laundry room to get clean jammies.  I know that I'm never supposed to leave a child unattended, but does it count that I make him sing a song really loudly when I leave so that I can hear him?  Well, when the noise had subsided a bit, I ran back our bathroom to find no Max....but wet footprints everywhere.  The wet footprints led to Brandon's closet where I soon found a very wet and unclothed Max--holding Brandon's snorkeling gear. 

What's a mom to do?  The bathroom floor is already soaked with water, so I caved and let the little man snorkel with his whales in our big bathtub.  So, snorkel, flipper, and goggles in tow, the little man found a way to spice up his nightly ritual.  And, believe it or not, there was not much of a watery mess to clean up!!  Now, I didn't get too many blog-appropriate pictures, but you get this gist.

Again, never, ever, ever a dull moment!





The greatest part is that I got a sweet little song at bedtime afterwards....Max was pretending to be Mommy Dumbo singing to his baby:) 

0 comments: