After much deliberation, Brandon and I went ahead and started Max to a Mother's Day Out program at our church for the summer. He had his first day of school last Monday--yes, I know, I am very behind in posting, but our week has been NUTS. More on that later.
To make a long story short, Max did great, and I watched the clock all day. I managed to get a few closets cleaned out and the house picked up in the meantime, and Brandon treated me to lunch as well. I picked Max up only to watch him sit around the table with other kids eating snack (WHAT??? Sitting!! No kidding!) and learned that he took a two hour nap on his mat. So, it is true that your kids act differently for other people--who hoo!
Brandon snapped this picture as we were getting ready to walk out the door. He was having no part in standing and posing....you can tell by the look on his face that he knows that something is about to go down. Mom gets me up early, makes me eat breakfast, and then wants to stick a camera in my face before we leave...not good!
He has a great teacher, and although it will take us both some adjusting, we're both excited for him. I had ordered him a new lunchbox and backpack for the big day, but we really only had about four days of notice, so it didn't come in until he was already at school. But he enjoyed modeling it for me later that day anyway. He thinks he is really hot stuff in his backpack!
So, productive for me, but I can only imagine how by the end of the summer, I'm going to be sick of cleaning on Mondays and Wednesdays. I'm looking forward to getting back to work during these two times so that the days will pass faster!

0 comments:
Post a Comment