Thursday, October 4, 2012

Giving Credit Where It's Due....

Yesterday, I pushed Brandon's "in good times and in bad times" to the limit.  This week is fall break for Max, but work is still in full swing for me--so, I had to go into the office on Wednesday....which meant that Brandon had to take Max for pictures.

If any of you have ever met Max, you would know that pictures are not generally our finest hour.  Sometimes they even make me crack open a bottle of wine in their aftermath.  And, Brandon LOATHES them:)  So, Brandon got to take Max to have Christmas pictures with his give other cousins.  He was pretty stinkin' excited at the opportunity.

The even better part is that Max's cousins, Ashton and Maddie, brought him a belated birthday present.  It's a treasure box filled with gold coins and a perfect pirate eye patch--and it even has a hidden compartment in the bottom for "really, really special treasure."  For the last 24 hours, it has gone everywhere with us--we took it to dinner at Chuy's last night, it made a Lowe's run with us this morning, and the treasure coins even when to the park with us today.

So, you can tell we're really in a pirate phase now, and he's even decided that he wants to be a pirate for Halloween.  Easy enough, right?  Well, Mommy has been given the guilt trip about dressing up as well (just FYI--I don't do dressing up for Halloween with the little man--that's WAY more of Brandon's thing).  When I tried to explain to Max that Mommy's don't dress up, he says, "but Mommy, I want you to be my pirate princess!!"  So, it looks like I will be making two adult costumes as well...  Ah, the things you do for your kids!

And, I just have to put this in here to show you the resourcefulness of Max.  He was hot and thirsty after our park visit today, but decided that the water bottle made his hands too cold.  So, he made mittens:)


0 comments: