Monday, September 10, 2012

The King of All the Wild Things!

The book, "Where the Wild Things Are" is a staple bedtime reading favorite in our house....partly because it's written about a Max, and partly because I think Maurice Sendak wrote it about MY wild thing--the energy, the creativity, the spirit and the imagination that accompanies our everyday experience. 

So, when we started talking about birthdays (which he has talked about all summer long), we picked our favorites and put them together--wild things and pumpkin patches!  And Lucky Ladd Farms was the perfect place to celebrate!

And let the ridiculous amount of pictures begin:)



One of our very favorite books!


These were the  most delicious cookies ever!!  Phoebe Smith really outdid herself!!

My little family!!  It was such a wild day that this was the only picture that I got of all three of us!
Who knew that playing in corn could be so fun?




Blowing out his 4th candle!!


Can you tell that Chase is enjoying his cake pop??




Funny how he will brush a goat, but not his own hair:)



You cannot even begin to imagine how dirty he was after his corn bath.  Oh yes, look at the next picture.  His short were initially chocolate brown.
Cousins slide together!

One of the many, many trips down the slide.  Thinking we should put one of these in our backyard!

Jared loved the horse swing!

The boys had so much fun on the train!!

Brayden Baker was well in character on the ponies!!

Max actually rode a pony!!!  Her name was Penny, and I even managed to get a smile before he told me that he was "done with the horse."  I have finally found something that he is afraid of!
This kid is always smiling.  I so wish that he would tutor Max in the art of looking at the camera and smiling!!
    
More goats!!
I think most all the kiddos missed naps for the party, but I hope that they all made up for it at bedtime.  Max was completely zonked out way earlier than usual.  So glad that the kids just got to spend the day playing with their mamas, daddies, and their friends!  Maybe we'll do this again next year:)

It was such a fun time and an absolutely gorgeous (almost fall) day for a birthday party!!  I can't believe that he's four...well at least he will officially be four on Wednesday.  I have two more days:(


0 comments: