We started celebrating Brandon's impending birthday a few days early this weekend because his birthday falls in the middle of the week. So, this weekend was all about fun things that Daddy likes to do...I'm sure the same will hold true next weekend--just because we couldn't fit it all in. So, happy early birthday to the most wonderful and fantastically amazing father and hubby ever!! We love you BIG--in the words of Max himself:)
Saturday can't start any better than WAFFLE HOUSE! Max can put away some waffles, I've learned--and hashbrowns (he likes them scattered) and bacon. He is a breakfast lover for sure. This morning's request??? Green eggs and ham. Hmmm...gonna have to make a run for food coloring for that one.
Next up: pool time! Here are some of our favorites. Since we have just wrapped up "Shark Week" on the Discovery Channel, we have become quite knowledgeable on great white sharks. This is what Max thinks is a great white shark because it makes a big splash. Nevermind why they are generally making that big splash...
Max LOVES the water--and we really have to fight him to keep on those wings. He is quite a duck...again, just like someone else that I live with!
Saturday night, Brandon and I had a birthday date--we had a super fantabulous night with great food and great entertainment. We were tourists for a night (which is generally weird), but we enjoyed The Melting Pot and a few honky tonks.
We went back downtown on Sunday afternoon to play again...Max has been in a big cowboy phase since he got to see a "real" cowboy at school. Now, he has his very own awesome boots--and I even got a pair as well. I think I see a theme for Halloween???

Then, we headed off to Centennial Park to feed the ducks. Note to self: a loaf of bread is not enough. It reminded me of going to feed the ducks at David Crockett State Park as a kid--loved going to stop and get day old bread beforehand. Makes me smile!
The celebration continues! Happy Monday!
Becoming Silas Coleman, In Pictures
10 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment