Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A little bit of Nostalgia!

With a few changes coming down the pike for the Dillards, we took the weekend to ourselves. Max is just getting ready to start preschool, and I'm getting ready to go back to work on a regular basis. After spending our Friday and Saturday at the pool, we welcomed a bit of a cool-down on Sunday. By the end the weekend, this was the smile I was getting from Max. Nice, huh?
Brandon decided that he wanted to take Max to his favorite kid treat, Bobby's Dairy Dip, in West Nashville. So, we packed up and introduced Max to the mecca of soft-serve sweetness and french fries. It's such a fun atmosphere--right down to it's neon signs, chipping paint, and full-service, walk-up diner menu. B says that the place really hasn't changed in 20 years, and although I can't be certain, I would guess that to be pretty accurate:)
Love this one of Brandon and Max having a conversation. I think this was about the time Brandon was explaining to him that we were about to have ice cream at the same place that he visited after all of his baseball games.
And he might have a bit of patience after all!
Things I learned about Max today--he is a dipper! He thought his french fries tasted much better with a swipe of vanilla ice cream cone.
Then, we headed down to Vanderbilt to take Max for his first trip to the Dragon Park. Not sure why we've never done this before...he loved it!
Funny Max-ism at work: Max loved playing on this teeter-totter. He loved, even more, that he was playing in it with lots of other bigger kids. When he got off and finally lost interest, he waved his hand and said, PEACE OUT! No joke! I wanted to die and Brandon thought it was officially the funniest thing in the world.
Here is Max new favorite toy--his shovel. Since the construction project in our backyard in ongoing, he has gotten accustomed to seeing Brandon and I both outside with shovels (yes, I do help!!). Here he is chiseling away at that darn dirt pile!
Happy family fun weekend!

0 comments: